Chris & Alison Hawksbee News from Argentina recently received into the SAMS office:
Thank you so much for your prayers this week. Ernesto Lerch of the Argentine Bible Society (ABS) came to Salta on Monday as planned, and met with Michael on Tuesday. We had a very positive meeting, planning some of the practical details and working procedures for the coming months.
In particular, we give thanks for the following:
(1) A formal presentation of the team and ABS staff will be held in one of the Toba villages late June.
(2) As from now, the ABS will cover the costs of Michael’s visits to Juárez, or on occasions for the translators to come for meetings in Salta, as well as providing materials such as stationery, ink jet cartridges, etc.
(3) It will be possible to include Ana and Estela, the two girls who had been helping with the checking process, as new team members, as long as it can be shown that their contribution is helping the work to move forward.
(4) The ABS will provide ongoing training for the team, particularly in computing skills.
(5) As from next month (probably), the ABS will provide a small level of financial support for the team members – not a full salary, but a small amount, probably in the region of £150 per month for each translator, and £250 per month for the coordinator (Michael).
(6) A selection of the Minor Prophet books already translated will be printed, probably starting with Jonah and Obadiah.
Do please keep praying for the translation work with the Tobas. In particular for Michael now planning to travel to Juárez for the last weekend of May.